db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: Trying to determine the space used by tables and indexes in the database
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:34:37 GMT
Thanks Rick.   I found that on the Derby wiki and did use that.  I just thought maybe I was
doing something wrong.  Glad to see it is a bug in the documentation and not a bug in the
implementation (other than not being present in 10.8).

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Hillegas [mailto:rick.hillegas@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:24 PM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trying to determine the space used by tables and indexes in the database

Hi Brett,

It seems as though a doc fix was propagated back to 10.8 but the corresponding code fix wasn't.
The old way of invoking SPACE_TABLE is still documented in the 10.4 docs:

SELECT T2.*
     FROM
         SYS.SYSTABLES systabs,
         TABLE (SYSCS_DIAG.SPACE_TABLE(systabs.tablename)) AS T2
     WHERE systabs.tabletype = 'T';

Hope this helps,
-Rick