db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Executing SQL file: character encoding
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:43:48 GMT
Hi Robert,

The derby.ui.codeset property doesn't sound like the best solution to
this problem. Is the load actually failing because of the unprintable
characters or are you simply having difficulty inspecting the results
with ij?

If the load is failing, you might try different codeset arguments to the
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE system procedure. Another solution would
be to wrap your external file in a table function, a subclass of
org.apache.derby.vti.StringColumnVTI which handles the encoding mismatch.

Hope this helps,
-Rick