db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I failed to connect client and server Derby.
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 00:24:41 GMT
> C:\Users\pocky\derby\db-derby-10.9.1.0-bin\DERBYTUTOR>java -jar %DERBY_HOME%\lib\derbyrun.jar
server start

> C:\Users\pocky\derby\db-derby-10.9.1.0-bin\DERBYTUTOR>

It is odd that you didn't see any output from the command:

	java server start

Normally when I run that command there is output printed to my console.

Also, it is odd that you got a command prompt back. Normally when
I run that command, my terminal session is blocked, and I have
to open a new command window to enter additional commands, as
the first command window is busy running the server code.

This makes me think that the basic problem here is that the
server failed to start.

But I don't know why it wouldn't emit any error messages
in that case.

Was there a derby.log file created in the directory where
you started the server?

thanks,

bryan