db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY EMBEDDED IN NETBEANS PROGRAM
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 00:34:59 GMT
> I am using netbeans. When I use embedded driver in netbeans i get errors, even though
the derbyclient is in the
> library. If i add derbyclient.jar in the client it runs perfectly, even though the driver
is:
>   Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();

The choice of the driver is also dependent on the syntax you
provide in your connection URL.

For an embedded Derby instance, use the EmbeddedDriver, include derby.jar
in your classpath, and specify jdbc:derby:dbname as your connection URL.

For a client-server Derby applicaty, use the ClientDriver, include
derbyclient.jar in your classpath, and specify jdbc:derby://host:port/dbname
as your connection URL.

thanks,

bryan