db-derby-user mailing list archives

From JimCrowell37 <JimCrow...@EMail.com>
Subject Re: JPA required?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:47:06 GMT
José,

José Ventura-3 wrote
> Just a quick tip: Derby's documentation includes examples and tutorials
> that do not use JPA. Start here and work your way through Activities 3 and
> 4:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.9/getstart/index.html
>
> Hope that helps.

Yes it did help.
I have my Embedded Derby Database setup and have several tables created and
debugged.

I used the tutorial to compare with my Derby code.
The Tutorial alerted me that I do not currently shut down my Derby Database
when my end user terminates my application. Also, I have a "Soft Abort"
capability that also needs to terminate the db.

I'll use the Tutorial as a reference when I add the Database termination
code...

I knew about the Network Server capability but do not see how I would use it
in my stand alone Java application. A subset of my Derby Database shall be
uploaded to a 'MySQL' record on my Server. This subset shall then be used to
produce application reports via a Web Browser.

The subset upload to server processing is, I think, independent to the Derby
Database and yet another learning curve for me.

Thanks,
Jim...