I need to be able to perform a select statement where the qualifications is a list of tuples.

For example, assume I have a table:
id (number, primary key)
auth (varchar)
identifier (varchar)

The combination of auth and identifier is unique.
I need to be able to query for a list of auth/identifier combinations.

In oracle I can do the following:
select * from table where (auth, identifier) in ((?,?),(?,?)...)

In some other databases I can do something similar, but using the values keyword:
select * from table where (auth, identifier) in (values(?,?),(?,?)...)
There are at least some[1] who consider this valid sql-92 syntax.

Both of these fail in derby (with a syntax error). As best I can tell, in derby I would have to do something like:

select * from table
where
(auth = ? and identifier = ?)
OR
(auth = ? and identifier = ?)
OR
(auth = ? and identifier = ?)

[1] - http://stackoverflow.com/a/8011075/1167722

Brett Okken | CAMM Platform Services | Lead Architect | 816.201.6112 | www.cerner.com | bokken@cerner.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.