db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: NullPointerException when Shuting Down Derby
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 05:22:53 GMT
On 1/28/2013 3:04 PM, Oskar Zinger wrote:
> I just upgraded to 10.8.3 and I am still running into the same
> NullPointerException (NPE).
>
> This is actually different, it comes from:
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.XactFactory.add(Unknown Source)

Hi Oskar,

Thank you for upgrading to the latest. That always makes things easier
to debug.
I guess the next step is to understand how you get into this state.
Is there a stand alone reproduction that you can post in Jira?
Is there something in the log prior to this NPE that might give us an
indication of what was going on when you got the NPE?

Is your program multi-threaded? Is there possibly more than one thread
shutting down at once?  Do you have the same problem if you use
deregister=true?

Best

Kathey