db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Adams <matt...@matthewadams.me>
Subject Create embedded, run via network server: what's databaseName?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:41:17 GMT
Hi all,

Quick question.  If I create an embedded database seeded with reference data
as part of my maven build, then later run the derby network server with
derby.system.home set to a directory containing that seeded database, what
would the databaseName portion of the JDBC URL be?  Example follows.

Say the database files were in /Users/matthew/tmp/domain/target/derby/db.
Then I run the derby network server (via the startNetworkServer script) on
port 20000 with derby.system.home set to
/Users/matthew/tmp/domain/target/derby/db.

What would the connection URL be for a network client on the same machine?
In other words, replace "xxx" in the URL below:

jdbc:derby://localhost:20000/xxx

Thanks,
Matthew