Hi,
May you could give more details about the structure of your table.
Anyway the response delay you have seams to be very slow compare with what I have with Derby.
I always read my resultset as forward only.
Try to make a first request with select count(*) to have the number of rows.
and then a second request with an order by on time field and use only next() method.
JYL