db-derby-user mailing list archives

From david myers <david.myers.scibearsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone help
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 09:26:53 GMT
There seem to be a fair number of blocked threads, that hit just before
a 'socket' thread. So maybe the memory is filling up due to being unable
to offload the work over the communication to the underlying DB?

Is the DB you connect to embeded or on a networked server?

If you are on a network server it could be the server is being
'overloaded' in some way, and forcing incoming requests to wait.

Is there any way to turn on error messaging in the app ? if so it may help.

Otherwise maybe starting it from the CLI may help, and capturing any output.

Have you also posted to JBoss (although I have no real experience of
JBoss, sorry), do they have any suggestions?

David.

ps. probably the silly question is how much memory do you have, and have
you tried having a look at the processes to see if the JVM it is eating
up all the memory.