Hi,
in one of our web apps we activated derbys builtin user authentication for the databases. We are using Derby 10.8.2.2

The app is triggering a backup task, which executes SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE over a JDBC connection. This throws an exception saying: the connection could not be authorized.

The following statements have been used to activate authentication:

--------------------
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.connection.requireAuthentication', 'true');
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.authentication.provider', 'BUILTIN');

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.user.DBUSER1', 'password);
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.defaultConnectionMode', 'readOnlyAccess');
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.fullAccessUsers', 'DBUSER1);

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.propertiesOnly','false');

So, DBUSER1 should have full access.

Are there any restrictions to SYSCS_UTIL functions for fullAccessUsers? How to authorize these?

Thanks for your input,
Stefan