db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan R." <elstefan...@gmail.com>
Subject Backup using SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE with required authentication
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:31:40 GMT
Hi,
in one of our web apps we activated derbys builtin user authentication for
the databases. We are using Derby 10.8.2.2

The app is triggering a backup task, which executes
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE over a JDBC connection. This throws an
exception saying: the connection could not be authorized.

The following statements have been used to activate authentication:

--------------------
CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.connection.requireAuthentication',
'true');
CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.authentication.provider',
'BUILTIN');

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.user.DBUSER1',
'password);
CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.defaultConnectionMode',
'readOnlyAccess');
CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.fullAccessUsers',
'DBUSER1);

CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.propertiesOnly','false');

So, DBUSER1 should have full access.

Are there any restrictions to SYSCS_UTIL functions for fullAccessUsers? How
to authorize these?

Thanks for your input,
Stefan