db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 40XD0: "Container has been closed"?
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 16:06:14 GMT
On 03/11/2012 13:15, John English wrote:
> Suddenly for no discernable reason I'm getting this error (stacktrace
> below) while using getString() to read from a clob, the contents of
> which is only about 60K in length.

Something interesting: I've "fixed" the problem (i.e. made it go away).
I'm always reading a single row with the query, so I've changed my code
from:
   * execute the query
   * take all row elements and store them in variables
   * close the result set etc.
   * execute the query
   * take all row elements except the CLOB and store them in variables
   * close the result set etc.
   * execute the same query
   * take only the CLOB and store it in a variable
   * close the result set etc.
and that made the problem go away.

Naturally, I'm somewhat dissatisfied with this!
Any ideas welcomed...

TIA,
--
John English