Hi to all,
I have following situation and like to know if there is any best practice, since it seems to me a common one:
I have a data-Base wanting to grading up the schema. My curren version of my application finds already out if the schma needs to be put into the database using sql state 42X05. Because having now the possibilities of having an old database for upgrade or having none at all and the need of building up the whole schema there might be different ways to acknoledge that.
One way could be to define some table where the version of the schema is placed for look up. But is there a need to define a "version-table" or is there some kind of other common way to place schema-version information into derby?

Thanks for hints in advace and best regards

Equens SE

Malte Kempff

Core Applications/ Change Bulk Payments

Tel:      +49(0)69/58 99 93 - 60417

Fax:     +49(0)69/58 99 93 - 60290

mail to:Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com

Equens SE
Mainzer Landstraße 201
60326 Frankfurt
Germany
Tel: +49(0)69-589993-09
Fax: +49(0)69-589993-60300
Amtsgericht Frankfurt HRB 84 429
http://www.equens.com

info@de.equens.com

Vorstand: Michael Steinbach (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Alessandro Baroni
Dr. Götz Möller
Jan Sonneveld
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Erik Dralans
Sitz: 3526 LB Utrecht, Niederlande, Eendrachtlaan 315, Handelskammer 3022.0519