db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: How to emit DDL programmatically using dblook?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:19:24 GMT
Hi Rick,

I missed your response altogether. Yes, what you suggest works. Thanks!

-Dinesh

________________________________
 From: Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com>
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 15 October 2012 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: How to emit DDL programmatically using dblook?

On 10/15/12 4:03 AM, Dinesh Bajaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am struggling to emit DDL of a Derby database programmatically. So far, I was using
dblook tool at the command prompt to generate the DDL. Now, I need to do it through code,
and I can't  find a method in the dblook class that I could invoke to accomplish this task.
Hi Dinesh,

You can invoke dblook.main with your arguments. Something like this should work:

    dblook.main( new String[] { "-d", "jdbc:derby:db", "-o", "dblook.out" } );

Hope this helps,
-Rick