db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oskar Zinger <oska...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to reset Derby Database in JVM
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 01:35:28 GMT
Hi Derby Community,

I'm having some difficulties resetting a Derby Database without restarting the whole application
(JVM).

I'm deploying Derby Network Server. My application has a service that executes shutdown /
start of the Derby Network Server on demand.

// code here to clear Derby connection pool

derbyServer.shutdown();
derbyServer = null;

The above does not reset the Derby database.

For example, what if my database becomes corrupted and I would like to stop the service, remove
the database, and copy over my new template database (or recreate the database) without having
to restart my whole application. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Oskar Zinger