db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Broken DB?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:58:29 GMT
On 9/6/12 7:36 AM, Filip Zimandl wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> Thanks for your fast reply. I attached the log file (but without exact
> source code location- why? can I fix it?- perhaps by compilation it
> myself). Please see the attached screenshot where you can see URL I
> use from both client versions. Also I'm able to connect different -not
> corrupted- database as seen there too.
>
> Cheers,
> Filip
>
> On 6.9.2012 13:10, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> On 9/6/12 3:16 AM, Filip Zimandl wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>> I have a problem to accessing Derby DB with ij client. The DB files
>>> might be broken somehow. It was originally accessed by 10.8.1.2
>>> version from an application. I tried to access it with current
>>> 10.9.1.0 but it gives an error. Subsequently I tried to access it
>>> with 10.8.1.2 but also without success. It gives ERROR XSLAC:
>>> database has incompatible format and could be created by a later
>>> version. OK, but I have the latest version installed. What is wrong?
>>> Is it there a mechanism/tool how can I restore my data?
>>>
>>> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
>>> Filip
>>>
>> Hi  Filip,
>>
>> Can you share the following information:
>>
>> 1) The connection URL you used to connect to the database using 10.9.1.
>>
>> 2) The connection URL you used to connect to the database using 10.8.1.
>>
>> 3) The stack traces (from derby.log) which accompanied the failed
>> connection attempts.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Rick

Hi Filip,

Thanks for attaching the log file. The triggering SQLState is XSLAC
(Database at {0} has a format incompatible with the current version of
software. It may have been created by or upgraded by a later version.).
The wording of that error message appears to me to be misleading. I'm
not aware of a change to the log file format introduced by 10.9. This
looks like a corruption of the log file to me.

Does anyone have more specific experience with this error?

Thanks,
-Rick