db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Error 42x71:Type de donnÚes 'BOOLEAN' non valide: when doing a Create Table [table] as Select * from [otherTable] with no data
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:43:07 GMT
On 9/6/12 9:41 AM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> So the 'boolean' word definately works, just not in the instance of a
>> create table as statement.
>
> Yes, that sounds like a bug. Boolean has recently been added to the
> DDL language, and this might have been missed.
Right, I agree with Bryan that this is a bug. This limitation was put in
when CREATE TABLE AS SELECT was added. At that time, the BOOLEAN
datatype was still disabled for user tables. Without this limitation,
people could have created user tables with BOOLEAN columns by issuing a
CREATE TABLE AS SELECT against a system table with a BOOLEAN column. I
have logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5918 to track
this issue. I think it should be easy to fix. Thanks for finding this
bug, David.

Regards,
-Rick