db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: derby db not found
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:52:38 GMT
On 9/4/2012 6:12 AM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
> On 04.09.2012 00:33, Rainier Diaz Ferrer wrote:
>> Hello Derby team, my name is Rainier, i'm having problems trying to
>> connect to my derby database using network server. I set the derby
>> home directory by using this. System.setproperty("derby.system.home",
>> mylocalpathtoderbydb); this code line goes right before starting the
>> server. When i try to connect it throws a database not found
>> exception, if i copy the database to the current directory, where my
>> application is executing from, it works fine, but i want it to find
>> my database somewhere else,  which is in mylocalpathtoderbydb, set as
>> derby.system.home. i would appreciate an answer. Thank you. Rainier
>
> Hi Rainier,
>
> Depending on how the driver is loaded, the property may be set too late.
> You can try to set the property as a system property on the command
> line, or to specify it in derby.properties in your current working
> directory to verify that theory.

Are you starting Network Server with the NetworkServerControlControl API
in the same JVM? If so,

I believe as a work around  you can deregister the autoloaded driver by
shutting down Derby, e.g.
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true")  and then set
your system property and restart Derby with
/Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance()/.

If you are launching a separate process, pass the system property on the
command line as Kristian suggests.