db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: derby db not found
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 13:12:36 GMT
On 04.09.2012 00:33, Rainier Diaz Ferrer wrote:
> Hello Derby team, my name is Rainier, i'm having problems trying to
> connect to my derby database using network server. I set the derby
> home directory by using this. System.setproperty("derby.system.home",
> mylocalpathtoderbydb); this code line goes right before starting the
> server. When i try to connect it throws a database not found
> exception, if i copy the database to the current directory, where my
> application is executing from, it works fine, but i want it to find my
> database somewhere else,  which is in mylocalpathtoderbydb, set as
> derby.system.home. i would appreciate an answer. Thank you. Rainier

Hi Rainier,

Depending on how the driver is loaded, the property may be set too late.
You can try to set the property as a system property on the command
line, or to specify it in derby.properties in your current working
directory to verify that theory.

Another option is to use an absolute path to you database, but that's
often not what you want.

Regards,
--
Kristian