db-derby-user mailing list archives

From JHead <pocz...@gmail.com>
Subject Grant Schema Privileges
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 07:56:59 GMT

Hi there.

Is there any way to grant schema privileges to users like create / alter /
drop table? I did a lot of search without any result.

It works in DB2 with the following syntax:

    GRANT CREATEIN, DROPIN ON SCHEMA S1 TO FRANK

I want to allow to create and alter tables for all users in one schema.

(The reason: I want to run automatic software updates in my application by
every user, and some software updates should alter or create new tables and
it is very uncomfortable to request the database owners password every time
when a new update is installed. )

Is it possible without a hack? I don't know what to do if it is not
possible. (May be I will have to rewrite the half of my application!!! )

Thanks in advance,
Zsolt P.