db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Maison Mo <momai...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Derby server listening on different interfaces
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:13:27 GMT
Hello Derby users,

I have a rather unusual use case, where I have two clients using the same Derby DB. Thus I
use a Derby server.
One client is on the same host as the derby server, whereas the second one is not ; I have
security concerns with the non local client that will most probably require SSL with client/server
authentication.
For performance reasons, I planned to use localhost interface without ssl for the localhost
client, and ssl authentication for the remote client only.

I'd like to know if this is feasible with Derby ? Based on my readings on admin documentation,
I am afraid not.
What would you recommend in that case ?

Regards,

  M. Maison