db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jordan <mahs...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting Derby with Database
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:50:49 GMT
Greetings all-

I'm a new Derby user and am trying to recover a derby database from a
server that died that was set up by a co-worker who passed away as well. I
have the entire database set up on a new Fedora 17 server which contains
the service.properties file and the log, tmp, and seg0 directories and
Derby is installed and configured properly with DERBY_HOME and JAVA_HOME.

I have read through some of the documentation on getting started but seem
to be missing something basic. How do I start Derby from the terminal and
point it to my database folder? I tried the below method but it didn't
work. How is the derby.system.home parameter entered while starting the
database?

[smartplant@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]$ startNetworkServer -derby.system.home=/
greenWorldDB
Wed Aug 01 13:38:03 EDT 2012 : Argument -derby.system.home=/greenWorldDB is
unknown.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you,

Jordan