db-derby-user mailing list archives

From José Ventura <st.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Network Server - Questions about -h parameter
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:30:42 GMT
I don't have an answer, but I *think* this depends largely on the
underlying OS. Basically, on some OSs you can listen on "::" and both ipv4
and ipv6 traffic will be delivered to your app; on others, you might need
extra tweaking or two listening sockets:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10378471/how-to-support-both-ipv4-ipv6-on-java

Hope that helps...