db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alain Kuchta <alain.kuc...@etegent.com>
Subject RE: Get a "read-only" connection using Derby EmbeddedDataSource40
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:25:30 GMT
Thank you for bringing this  to my attention.

From: Katherine Marsden [mailto:kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 11:23 AM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Get a "read-only" connection using Derby EmbeddedDataSource40

On 8/31/2012 7:05 AM, Alain Kuchta wrote:
Hello all,

I've actually found an answer to my own question in the Derby Reference Manual.

The java.sql.Connection method "setReadOnly(boolean)" is supported and performs as I desired.

Perhaps someone else will found this snippet useful.

One word of caution: While Connection.setReadOnly works fine for Embedded.   There is a long
standing  issue with the call with Client: