db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alain Kuchta <alain.kuc...@etegent.com>
Subject Converting SQL Server Scripts to be compatible with Derby
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 16:36:58 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Derby as a potential tool for use at my company. We currently use
SQL Server for "stand-alone" deployments of our software. (the database is hosted locally)
We are considering implementing Derby for this situation instead.

We would like to reuse the database creation and population scripts that we have written for
SQL Server as much as possible for Derby.

Beyond simple differences in syntax there are a two issues which are hindering implementing
our scripts with derby.

1) Conditionals. How does one effectively replicate the IF/ELSE statement available in Transact-SQL
when using Derby?
2) Local variables. Dow does one achieve a similar effect to the local variable declaration
available in Transact-SQL?

Thanks,

AK