db-derby-user mailing list archives

From david myers <david.myers.scibearsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get a "read-only" connection using Derby EmbeddedDataSource40
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 19:59:02 GMT
Alain.

Have you though about using the 'roles' that are available.

Create a role that has 'read only access', then add your user to that
role. This is the link to the page in the docs.
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.9/ref/rrefcreaterole.html

Then when you log in you log in a that specified 'read only' user. You
can hard code this into the interface, and give a menu item to enable
users to log in at a 'higher' level.

Also you can hook your derby into LDAP or other directory name service,
and use a 'non priveleged user' from there.

David.