db-derby-user mailing list archives

From istanbullu <yuksel.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Does SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE block transactions?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:18:48 GMT

I have a tool that backs up a DB using SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE.
According to the Derby admin guide, online backup does not block
transactions.  However, I see an exception thrown from another DB
application trying to execute a query on the DB that is being backed up.
The exception is: "[java.sql.SQLTransactionRollbackException]: A lock could
not be obtained within the time".  Does this imply that the admin guide is
not accurate on this matter?  The size of the DB is 8-9 GBs.  I only see
this issue when DB size is larger than about 2 GBs.