db-derby-user mailing list archives

From nicinch <nmaill...@yahoo.com>
Subject Derby in Read Only
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:46:28 GMT

Hello to all

I'm having a weird experience i can't seem to fix.
I have an apache derby database on my windows system that works fine with a
war.
I have copied the apache derby database folder to a debian system and given
the war.
When the tomcat boots up I can access the war's webapp just fine.
Furthermore the webapp finds the derby database and reads it however it has
access in a read only manner.
I have tried to change the rights on the folder but that doesn't do the
trick.
I can't find the derby.log however the Catalina.out does warn that the derby
datasource is opened in a readonly way but does not explain why.

Has anybody had this behaviour and a way to fix?

Thanks for your help.