db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jordan-61 <mahs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting Derby with Database
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:19:45 GMT

Greetings José, thank you for your input. I tried the command switch you
suggested and it generated an error that it was an invalid command.

[smartplant@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]$ startNetworkServer
Mon Aug 06 14:08:11 EDT 2012 : Security manager installed using the Basic
server security policy.
Mon Aug 06 14:08:11 EDT 2012 : Invalid number of arguments for command
Usage: NetworkServerControl <commands>
[-password <password>]

I was searching for other suggestions and ran across this:

It recommends starting the derby server using the startNetworkServer command
and then attaching to the database using the  command

However, attempting to connect to the database using that command generates
an invalid path error despite the path existing.

[root@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]# jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/greenWorldDB
bash: jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/greenWorldDB: No such file or directory
[root@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]# jdbc:derby://localhost:1527//greenWorldDB
bash: jdbc:derby://localhost:1527//greenWorldDB: No such file or directory
[root@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]# cd /greenWorldDB
[root@SmartPlantWeb greenWorldDB]#

Do you have suggestions for either method of connecting to the database?
Thanks in advance,