db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jordan-61 <mahs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting Derby with Database
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:19:45 GMT

Greetings José, thank you for your input. I tried the command switch you
suggested and it generated an error that it was an invalid command.

[smartplant@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]$ startNetworkServer
DERBY_OPTS=-Dderby.system.home=/greenWorldDB
Mon Aug 06 14:08:11 EDT 2012 : Security manager installed using the Basic
server security policy.
Mon Aug 06 14:08:11 EDT 2012 : Invalid number of arguments for command
start.
Usage: NetworkServerControl <commands>
Commands:
[-password <password>]
<sslmode>]

I was searching for other suggestions and ran across this:
http://www.vogella.com/articles/ApacheDerby/article.html

It recommends starting the derby server using the startNetworkServer command
and then attaching to the database using the  command
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/c:\temp\mydatabase.

However, attempting to connect to the database using that command generates
an invalid path error despite the path existing.

[root@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]# jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/greenWorldDB
bash: jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/greenWorldDB: No such file or directory
[root@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]# jdbc:derby://localhost:1527//greenWorldDB
bash: jdbc:derby://localhost:1527//greenWorldDB: No such file or directory
[root@SmartPlantWeb WEB-INF]# cd /greenWorldDB
[root@SmartPlantWeb greenWorldDB]#

Do you have suggestions for either method of connecting to the database?
Thanks in advance,

Jordan