db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Ball <nicholas.b...@nodelay.com>
Subject Reconstruct DB from seg and log folders
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:39:27 GMT

Hey all,

I was given some data for academic research purposes all zipped up. Once I
opened them I found out I had part of a derby database! (two folders were
sent; seg and log).

I'm now trying to reconstruct a derby database with these folders but not
having any luck. I essentially created a new db with the ij tool, then
disconnected and replaced the two folders and tried reconnecting to it, but
I get this error:

ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'ucldb' with class loader
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@50fc5408, see the next exception for
details.
ERROR XSAI2: The conglomerate (192) requested does not exist.

Any ideas on how I could reconstruct the db from these files?

Many thanks in advance!
Nicholas