Or perhaps, for time of test execution, access DB through Network Service [1]. But it's just an idea...

[1] http://devblog.virtage.com/2011/05/en-derbyjava-db-like-classic-client-server-dbms/

Libor

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> wrote:
Matthew Hauck <hauckma@us.ibm.com> writes:

> I am writing about the well known error: "Failed to start database
> '...' with class loader ..."  I realize that you cannot have two
> simultaneous connections from two different JVMs to a derby embedded
> database. My question is whether or not it is possible to disconnect
> / "unload" / "unboot" one connection in order to load up the other
> one, etc. Or does the first JVM have to entirely stop before the next
> one can make a connection?

Hi Matt,

You can shut down a database without stopping the JVM, and then it
should be possible to boot it in another JVM. Details here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.9/devguide/tdevdvlp40464.html

--
Knut Anders