Von: Josť Ventura [mailto:st.never@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 23. Juli 2012 16:45
An: Derby Discussion
Betreff: Re: AW: schema-questions

Out of curiosity, and maybe a little off-topic: is there a reason to use a separate schema, when you can use a separate database?

For example, if I have two completely unrelated applications, I think I would create two databases, and one datasource for each:

<Resource name="jdbc/app1ds" url="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/app1db" ..... />
<Resource name="jdbc/app2ds" url="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/app2db" ..... />

On Oracle I may have one database with several schemas, hence the need to specify the one I want. On Derby, would there be a benefit to reuse the same database with multiple schemas?

Just asking off the top of my head, I haven't really tried the above...

- Josť