db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Getting around NullPointerException problem
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:54:55 GMT
TXVanguard <brett.denner@lmco.com> writes:

> (Note: I have another post that uses the INSERT statement below as an
> example, but this post concerns a different problem.)
>
> When I run the query below, I get a java.lang.NullPointerException.  The
> exception goes away if I change the "EMN.ASM IS NULL" to "EMN.ASM = 0" (or
> anything else that does not compare EMN.ASM to NULL). Is there a way to
> rewrite this statement to get around this Derby problem?

I don't know how to work around the problem, but a NullPointerException
in the query execution clearly is a bug in Derby, so please file a bug
report at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY so that it can be
investigated. The more info you provide in the bug report (preferably a
description of the steps needed for others to reproduce the problem),
the more likely it is that someone can fix it or suggest a workaround.

Thanks,

--
Knut Anders