db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Peter Davis <pad...@gmail.com>
Subject derby.jar Classpath
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:23:47 GMT
Hi

I've been using derby db for a while now and have until now been willing to
work around a problem with classpath.  It appears that I have to explicitly
place derby.jar on the class path using one of the standard mechanisms.
e.g. -cp  or in the manifest of the running jar.  Unfortunately my
application uses its own class loader and therefore none of the above is
true.

I'm guessing that derby.jar uses the property "java.class.path" to find the
path to its other components.

So my question is, Is there a way to load derby.jar without explicitly
declaring it on the classpath.

Peter