db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Malte.Kem...@de.equens.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: schema-questions
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:48:14 GMT

Hi Tim and Kristian,
Thanks to that hint, and it is korrect I focus on web-client technology, but I just was wondering
and curious about those parameters.
I have set values on the log and trace parameter within the network client via the web-app
of Derby and found resonable results :-)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kristian Waagan [mailto:kristian.waagan@oracle.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Juli 2012 09:26
An: derby-user@db.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: schema-questions

On 19.07.2012 18:44, Tim Watts wrote:
> My impression is that your goal is to explore web app development
> using Derby.  In general, focusing on performance tuning in the
> absence of an actual performance issue is not going to be very productive.

The above sounds like a good piece of advice to me.

That said, in the case of using Derby from an application server (single server, one connection
pool) I would restrict the number of concurrent connections by configuring the connection
pool.
Without having tested the timeslice and max threads properties of the network server in depth,
my impression is that you should not use them unless you really have to. One such scenario
may be if you for some reason allow direct access to your network server and have no other
mechanism to restrict the number of concurrent connections.

With regards to Tomcat deployment, do you know where the derby.log file ends up?
I've seen it end up in the logs-directory of the Tomcat installation.

Regards,
--
Kristian