db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Malte.Kem...@de.equens.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: schema-questions
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:23:12 GMT

Hi Tim
Thanks for the given hints...

> Did you try invoking test.jsp from my last post?  That would tell you if the running
instance of
> Tomcat had a JAVA_OPTS and derby.system.home passed through to it.
Yes I did something very similar, I copied the particular lines of your jsp, into my own.
The results are shown in the hardcopy I put the the mail yesterday. And from my point of view
it looks very reasonable, or can you see something strange there?
I guess I also will try out the The DB-prcedure as workaround Rick was sending, as soon I
got the time.

> Lastly, let me point out that there is absolutely NO requirement to run the Derby war
in order to use Derby from a web application.
> You could just as easily run the Derby Network Server in a separate process or use an
embedded Derby engine.  Just wanted to point
> that out so you and others aware of the possibilities.

Do I get it right, that the threads defined in Network server of derby should correspond with
amount of connections in defined data source for derby in the Application Server, where it
is running in? Is there any best practice?

Malte