db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Malte.Kem...@de.equens.com>
Subject AW: AW: schema-questions
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:44:42 GMT
Hi Tim
My JAVA_OPS look like that, when I use set command:
JAVA_OPTS=-Dderby.system.home=c:\derby-dbs

I suppose that the JAVA_OPTS are recognized by derby in my particular case. Otherweise I would
not understand why derby produces and writes and reads from the given directory.

It is a bit of unexplainable to me, since today it works with following ij call
java %JAVA_OPTS% -Dij.protocol=jebc:derby: -jar %DERBY_HOME%/lib/derbyrun.jar ij
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testdb;create=true;user=tralla;password=duddeldi';
Here I get the expected error now:
FEHLER 08004: Die Verbindung konnte nicht authentifiziert werden. Ursache: Die Benutzer-ID
oder das Kennwort ist ung³ltig.

Yesterday it did not work neither via ij nor within tomcat. Always it did not matter whether
the right password or user was set or not.

Using tomcat I still get that ignoring of derby.properties, at least the password I am using
seems not to matter at all
Here my entry in context.xml for tomcat similar to the recommanded one I found in http://www.zetcode.com/db/apachederbytutorial/tomcat/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context>
    <Resource name="jdbc/testdb"
              auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
              username="tech"
              password="schnaddel"
              driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver"
              url="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testdb"
              maxActive="10"
              maxIdle="4"/>

</Context>

The right password is supposed to be something else , but it works :-D (?!)

By the way (sorry for asking such a question of beginners :-)):
Using the web-app of derby (Derby Network Server) there is the option to change max amount
of threads and thread time slices.
What does that mean exactly? Could that interfere with the definition of DataSource within
context.xml, or is that something totally different?