db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Malte.Kem...@de.equens.com>
Subject schema-questions
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:44:35 GMT
hi to all,
I am using derby (10.8)  with tomcat and used following side helping me
seitting them up: http://www.zetcode.com/db/apachederbytutorial/tomcat/
Trying to build up a simple web-application where you could register as
user etc. I have following schema
CREATE SCHEMA USER_STUFF;
CREATE TABLE USERS(  name           VARCHAR(100) PRIMARY KEY
                   , hatchi         VARCHAR(40)
                   , email          VARCHAR(100)
                   , imagename      VARCHAR(100)
                   , tstmp_in       TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
                   , tstmp_up       TIMESTAMP
                  );
now I am wondering that when I connect myself as a user the name of the
schema's name is equal to the user's name.
If I don't use any user my schema's name seems to be the default schema
name "APP".
I thought using the first line of my sql script produces a schema named
USER_STUFF.
What is happening here, what am I doing wrong?

Another thing I am wondreing is, that it seems not to matter using a
user or not using following derby.properties, though:
derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0
derby.database.fullAccessUsers=tech
derby.database.defaultConnectionMode=readOnlyAccess
derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
derby.user.tech=lala_dongs
derby.user.rou=gaga_bings

derby.authentication.provider=builtin

derby seems not to use my derby.proerties. I have put them to the
directory, which is given in the derby.system.home Java-system-property.
It is told to put this system-property into the environment variable
JAVA_OPTS, so tomcat would use it for starting up.
I am using  Windows-XP so I defined ths environment-variable in the
dialog as user defined variable.
What am I missing, since derby.properties seem not to work may be not
even been read.

Thanks for hints in advance

Malte