db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: schema-questions
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:26:09 GMT
On 19.07.2012 18:44, Tim Watts wrote:
> My impression is that your goal is to explore web app development using
> Derby.  In general, focusing on performance tuning in the absence of an
> actual performance issue is not going to be very productive.

The above sounds like a good piece of advice to me.

That said, in the case of using Derby from an application server (single
server, one connection pool) I would restrict the number of concurrent
connections by configuring the connection pool.
Without having tested the timeslice and max threads properties of the
network server in depth, my impression is that you should not use them
unless you really have to. One such scenario may be if you for some
reason allow direct access to your network server and have no other
mechanism to restrict the number of concurrent connections.

With regards to Tomcat deployment, do you know where the derby.log file
ends up?
I've seen it end up in the logs-directory of the Tomcat installation.

Regards,
--
Kristian