db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Santiago Miguel <msantiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby on NAS = corruption ?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:56:59 GMT
Hi,

I work in a french company which provides secure online file management
services (SaaS solutions).

In one of our applications (backup software), in case of a large file,
we cut it into blocks and we use a Derby db in order to maintain the
block indexes. These Derby dbs (version 10.5.1.1) are stored on a NAS
(cluster Isilon NL series) shared between webservers. The derby db is
directly  acceded on NAS and it is thread safe.
Everyday, we are observing many Derby db corruptions (Unknown page
format at page Page(524,Container(0, 1024))) and these dbs are no longer
usable.

I join the derby log file corresponding to the last night on 1 webserver.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Miguel Santiago