db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suat Gonul <suatgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing logging mechanism for derby.log
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 06:15:59 GMT
Hi Libor,

Yes, I am aware of the option for getting a system property in an OSGi
bundle. Well, in the system, there may be other bundles (which I'm not
aware of/responsible) consuming Derby and they may have their own
configurations for logging. Even I may have two different components
using different schemas. For instance,

    * "jdbc:derby:schema1"
    * "jdbc:derby:schema2"

are two schemas which are completely disjoint and used by different
components. That's way I wanted to have different logging configurations
for different components/bundles.

I think the solution lies in a system-wide, common logging class which
is aware of the source class calling the logging method. So, it can
direct the log to corresponding OutputStreams.

Best,
Suat