db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Changing logging mechanism for derby.log
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:54:31 GMT
On 7/12/12 5:22 AM, Suat Gonul wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> In an OSGi based environment we are using the Derby database. So, I
> would like to adjust location and the names of the derby.log file.
> However, adjusting the global system properties e.g "derby.system.home",
> "derby.stream.error.file" is not an option for us as there might be
> other bundles using the Derby.
>
> In our system, we use Sling Logging Tools [1]. Is there any way to
> integrate those tools with the logging mechanism of Derby. Or is there
> any other way to configure the location and name of the "derby.log"
> file? Thanks in advance...
>
> Best,
> Suat
>
> [1] http://sling.apache.org/site/logging.html

Hi Suat,

If you can wrap your custom logger in a class which implements
java.io.OutputStream or java.io.Writer, then you can configure Derby to
use that class. Please see the Reference Manual section on setting the
derby.stream.error.method system property:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.9/ref/

Hope this helps,
-Rick