db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Watts <...@cliftonfarm.org>
Subject Re: AW: schema-questions
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:35:48 GMT
On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 18:13 +0200, Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com wrote:
> I start tomcat (version 6) with ist startup batch file only

OK.  What displays when you type  echo %JAVA_OPTS%  at the command
prompt?

To verify whether it's being passed through to Tomcat try saving the
following to webapps/ROOT/test.jsp then pointing your browser to
http://localhost:8080/test.jsp .

test.jsp:
---------
derby.system.home=<%= System.getProperty("derby.system.home") %><br>
JAVA_OPTS=<%= System.getenv("JAVA_OPTS") %><br>

I have verified on my system that derby.properties is recognized when
setting derby.system.home via JAVA_OPTS. (Derby 10.8.1.2)