I'd give a +1 vote to DERBY-5356. Rick, I've added this vote to the poll as well.

Brandon

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
On 6/11/12 2:37 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
On 6/11/2012 1:03 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
If you're interested in voting on your favorite new feature for Derby, there's a poll running on java.net (look in the left panel): http://www.java.net/

Regards,
-Rick

>From the field I think one of the most frequently requested items is improved space reclamation tracked by DERBY-5356 [1]

Particularly DERBY-5474 [2] which seems to be a common usage model with both increasing values based on timestamps and identity columns and can read to rapid database growth.
Thanks, Kathey. I agree that space reclamation is an important area for improvement. Someone could add this suggestion to the formal results of the poll by selecting "Other" and adding a comment.

Thanks,
-Rick