db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Marco Ferretti <marco.ferre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Correct Derby software ?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:57:53 GMT
You need to have the jars in the classpath : either define it with startup
params of your application, put them in the jdk/jre's default classpath, in
the classpath defined in the machine or in the manifest file of your jar (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/downman.html)

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Isabelle DASTUGUE <
isabelle.dastugue@sela-light.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a Derby database that works when I start it from Eclipse, but when
> I try to run it from the. Jar of my application, it does not work.
>
> Here are two successive errors:
> java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'C:\Test\Base' with class
> loader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@35ce36, see the next exception
> for details.
> then
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Startup failed due to missing
> functionality for org.apache.derby.iapi.store.access.AccessFactory. Please
> ensure your classpath includes the correct Derby software.
>
> I put the Derby access to my files in the classpath in environment
> variables, but it's still not working.
>
> My four files:
> - Derby.jar,
> - Derbyclient.jar,
> - Derbynet.jar,
> - Derbytools.jar.
> Are exactly the same and on the same PC ...
>
> Without the call to the base, my. Jar works.
> With the base, I create the server, do I start Derby, I run the instance
> but I cannot connect to the database at the address returned is obviously
> good ...
>
> Any idea?
>
> Cordially
>
> Isabelle DASTUGUE

"No Im sorrys, no apologies, no regrets..... "