db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bartosz, Jan (NSN - PL/Wroclaw)" <jan.bart...@nsn.com>
Subject RE: Importing tables which have references to other tables
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 06:37:56 GMT
HI,

I don't have answer to your question... however I'm just curious how
your export & import process looks like? - Export-> file and then from
file-> DB ? is there a way to export&import at same time from DB1->DB2
let's say I want to make a copy from a subset of DB1 and copy it to DB2
(without statement&ResultSet just by using some tools from DERBY).
Many Thanks for any help;)!
BR
Jan

Regards / Pozdrowienia
Jan Bartosz
MBB RP I&V Tools&Autom Pegasus Core PL
My contact info in Phonebook
Click to call me by using Softphone

-----Original Message-----
From: ext jaz1988 [mailto:88nosaj@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 8:27 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Importing tables which have references to other tables

Hi,

I have a table, TABLE1 which has a column which is GENERATED BY DEFAULT
AS
IDENTITY. I managed to export this table and import into an existing DB
with
the same table. The import is able to adjust the IDENTITY column
accordingly
with regards to the existing data in the table.

The problem is, I have another table, TABLE2 which has a foreign key
that
referenced to the IDENTITY column in TABLE1. When the IDENTITY column in
TABLE1 is adjusted after import, the import of TABLE2 will fail since
the
References is messed up already. Am I doing it right or is there other
ways
to do import and exports of Tables with references.

Thank you!