db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Strange OutOfMemory in unittest
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:51:45 GMT
On 28.06.2012 12:18, mogoye wrote:
> Problem is found :
>
> You were right, the problem was that my JVM starts with only 64m of heap
> size.
> I don't know why but I was sure I read somewhere that with JDK 1.5 the
> default max heap size was 512m...

It can vary depending on the machine, platform, Java version and whether
you run with -client or -server. What's happening has changed with the
Java versions, so this is getting a bit muddy...
It may be useful to set the maximum heap size explicitly.

In any case, good to hear that you figured out what the problem was :)

Cheers,
--
Kristian