db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merge and combine different data from databases
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:34:13 GMT
> Currently I have a DB named myDB and myDB consists of a few tables in it.
> Lets say I want to write to myDB from different computers concurrently(each
> computer will have its own myDB), how do I merge and combine the DB from
> each computer into 1 central DB at the end of the day?

One technique is to use a single Network Server instance, and a single
physical DB, but multiple database schemas, one for each computer.

Each computer connects to the server and reads and writes data from its own
set of tables in its separate schema.

A separate application can then connect and use UNION VIEW syntax to
view the various separate tables as unified larger tables containing
all the data, union-ed together.

thanks,

bryan