db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:29:54 GMT
Hi Pavel,

Note that the SQL_TEXT column will be null for any transaction which is
not currently executing a statement. If you turn on statement logging
(-Dderby.language.logStatementText=true), then your statement text will
be logged to derby.log. You can use the syscs_diag.error_log_reader()
vti to see what statements were run in each transaction. So the
following sequence of calls may give you a lot of useful information:

select * from syscs_diag.transaction_table;

select * from table (syscs_diag.error_log_reader()) as t1;

Hope this helps,

On 6/5/12 7:30 AM, Pavel Bortnovskiy wrote:
> Hello, all:
> While trying to debug an anomaly within my app, I wanted to see all
> the active transactions within Derby (in-memory mode).
> However, accessing SYSCS_DIAG.TRANSACTION_TABLE table didn’t prove
> very useful, as it is not possible to identify what statements those
> transactions execute, with the exception of one – the select from that
> table itself.
> Is there any other way to get more diag information?
> Can I find the statements’ text by XIDs elsewhere?
> Thanks,
> Pavel.
>             Jefferies archives and monitors outgoing and incoming
>             e-mail. The contents of this email, including any
>             attachments, are confidential to the ordinary user of the
>             email address to which it was addressed. If you are not
>             the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward,
>             disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form
>             whatsoever. This email may be produced at the request of
>             regulators or in connection with civil litigation.
>             Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions
>             arising as a result of transmission. Use by other than
>             intended recipients is prohibited. In the United Kingdom,
>             Jefferies operates as Jefferies International Limited;
>             registered in England: no. 1978621; registered office:
>             Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames Street, London EC4V 3BJ.
>             Jefferies International Limited is authorised and
>             regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

View raw message